Wednesday, May 8, 2024

I am not, nor have I ever been a Spice girl

 Yeah, shocker. Anyway, the only spice in my kitchen cupboard that I utilize with any regularity is salt. I had a small can of pepper that lasted me ten years. I believe my son used it most or I sprinkled a bit here and there for show. I do have the necessary spices for pumpkin muffins but that's it.

I bought a small shaker full of pepper that one must twist to grind and disperse. I was feeling adventurous. This week I have sparsely applied some coarse black pepper on my eats. It is indeed quite spicy and highly unusual to my ultra sensitive palate! It does surprise me greatly with its taste and its odor and texture. I continue to linger in the curious phase so I will use this for a bit and sprinkle it on different foods to see if it is something I want to keep using.

People would probably laugh and be in disbelief if I shared with them my extremely limited taste in spice.


No comments:

Post a Comment