Sunday, May 5, 2024

Let's get rattled, upset easily

I went out to water my porch planters and found a momma bird sitting on a nest of eggs. I jumped back, screamed a little, swore a lot and said many words aloud. It's probably, well, I'm sure of it, it is the most my neighbors have ever heard me say, out loud and to myself.
I'm so upset, rattled by this. I can't water the flowers, so they will die. I don't mind that too much except dead flowers won't further hide this very inconspicuous nest. 
What if the babies hatch and neighbor cats hear them? I don't want to deal with injured or dead baby birds as the mere thought of that brings me to tears.
Momma bird must think it's safe. In reflection, I have seen her fly off my porch only to land nearby and monitor me. She must think they are safe there.
I mean, I know I don't leave the house much, so she has made note of that and deems my porch a worthy location.
I'm wracked with worry now. My pleasant activities and ideals of the rest of the day have stopped. I'm jumbled, bumbled and in a quandary of a quagmire and just plain rattled.
Bummer. I hope they make it.
I was playing with my new watercolors this morning....

No comments:

Post a Comment