Prepare to enter the wild and wooly world of an adult with Aspergers Syndrome, a form of autism characterized by intellignce, quirks, social difficulties and downright strange and oddish behaviours.

People with Aspergers generally are high functioning in everyday life but have great difficulty connecting with others due to the inability to read faces, body language and subtle verbal clues. They also tend to take words literally and have a hard time multi-tasking.

Oversensitivity to touch (clothing has to be soft and often the tags removed), light (do not leave home without the sunglasses), sound (loud noises and noisey places are avoided), taste (many Aspies have quite a limited diet and are frequently very picky eaters) and smells makes the everyday existence more of a challenge.

Fasten your seatbelts and come on in...
To find out more about what Aspergers is..please check out my earliest blog entries

Thursday, April 17, 2014

Bleeding Acupuncture Point LI 1 Healing Lyme

I've always responded very well to acupuncture, partially due to my professional acupuncturist. Recently, I asked her to prick-to-bleed point LI, Large Intestine 1 and had amazing results I wanted to share.
 Bleeding of an acupuncture point can 1) invigorate the smooth flow of qi and blood 2) disperse blood stasis 3) drain excess heat and fire 4) can bring down yang rising.
 I felt that I needed it done, in laymans terms, to release some sort of blockage and stagnation in the meridian and the finger joint. 
 I am currently dealing with a Lyme Disease flare-up. The days preceding my scheduled appointment, I felt an unmistakable urge to poke and bleed LI 1 on my left hand. Part of my lyme symptoms involve arthritis in my index fingers.
 When my acupuncturist poked LI 1, I had an amazing visual. It was as if my lower abdomen, the very lowest pelvic region, was a rounded bowl. When she pricked I both felt and saw the bottom of this bowl light up with the color white. I also saw gravely, dark, pea-sized granules. The left side granules shifted, moved, rose up and dispersed. It was a remarkable visual sight. That area of my body felt clearer and the arthritis in my left index finger was gone whilst I continue to have the pain in my right index finger.
 I know that at my next appointment, I will ask my acupuncturist to bleed the right LI 1, as I could still see the gravely substance on that side.
 Large Intestine 1 is known as Shangyang and is a jing-well point. Ahhh