Prepare to enter the wild and wooly world of an adult with Aspergers Syndrome, a form of autism characterized by intellignce, quirks, social difficulties and downright strange and oddish behaviours.

People with Aspergers generally are high functioning in everyday life but have great difficulty connecting with others due to the inability to read faces, body language and subtle verbal clues. They also tend to take words literally and have a hard time multi-tasking.

Oversensitivity to touch (clothing has to be soft and often the tags removed), light (do not leave home without the sunglasses), sound (loud noises and noisey places are avoided), taste (many Aspies have quite a limited diet and are frequently very picky eaters) and smells makes the everyday existence more of a challenge.

Fasten your seatbelts and come on in...
To find out more about what Aspergers is..please check out my earliest blog entries

Saturday, April 12, 2014

What I wouldn't gve

For one, single, solitary, caring, able person to ask advice and help from. What I wouldn't give for one fucking volunteer to raise their hand and say, let me help.
Argh...........

2 comments:

  1. I am NOT a therapist or counselor, but if I can help, just let me know, my friend.

    Just Like You .....

    If I only could –

    I’d be there for you,
    to catch you when you fall,
    pick you up, set you on your feet,
    help you to walk tall.

    If I only could –

    I’d heal your wounds,
    and take away your pain,
    find your stolen innocence,
    so you could start again.

    If I only could –

    I’d remove the stench,
    of betrayal, deceit and fear,
    shine light, where there is darkness,
    bring joy where there are tears.

    If I only could –

    but I cannot,
    for I am only a man,
    a struggling survivor, just like you,
    - reaching out my hand .....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry you're so sick and that no one is taking care of you. Lots of people read this and care, even if we can't do anything to physically help out. I hope that knowing we hear you, are thinking of you, and would help if we could makes you feel a little bit better. No one should feel all alone, especially when they aren't well. :-(

    ReplyDelete